The next scheduled Parish Election will be May 2021. All Gurnard’s Parish Councillors will be obliged to stand down then, though they do remain in office for 4 days after the election. The criteria that must be met by candidates is:
- 18 years of age or over
- British subject or Commonwealth citizen, or citizen of the Irish Republic or a subject of a Member State of the European Community
- Registered Local elector of the Parish of Gurnard or during the 12 month period prior to nomination has:
- Occupied land or premises as owner or tenant in the Parish or
- Resided in the Parish or within 4.8 Km thereof or
- Had his/her principal or only place of work in that area.
If you wish to know more about what it means to be a Councillor should future vacancies arise, do contact the Parish Clerk or speak to one of the existing Councillors.